You look different.


Did you get Botox?
before / after

A few days ago, when my friend Lucie joked about my big chin being the cause of her laggy sim (lol!) I laughed. But after her comment I started looking at people around me and she was right : that's quite a jaw I had there!

For the little story, I did my shape back in 2007 and beside height, breasts and mouth, I never changed anything. But everyone else (or so) did and the trend for big faces like mine eventually faded, only to be replaced with a more younger and gamine look made from doe eyes, small nose and pointy jaw. Most of my friends slowly morphed into that look while I kept sporting my big ol'face. Perhaps it was time to finally jump in the wagon!

Only, I was far from being ready to change my look drastically. I got so used to my face over the years that anything else doesn't really feel comfortable... it doesn't feel like *me*. My main idea was to tweak my face enough to make it softer, while being able to recognize myself.

So I went in for a small corrective surgery. On the main menu : orthognatic surgery and a small rhinoplasty too (just to balance the face structure). After a full hour in the surgery room and many fails, I finally settled down for a less longer face, thinner neck, slightly shorter nose but after fighting against myself, I kept the round jaw. I tried to make it more pointy but it was out of my comfort zone. I also made my eyes slightly smaller to avoid the manga eyes effect. I look mostly the same yet less severe - and perhaps younger! - compared to before. It's far from being the gamine look we see everywhere these days, but that's not what I was in for anyway.

The pictures above don't really do justice to my new face; in-world, with the different camera angles and when I move, my face really looks softer and more proportionate than before. It will take me a few days to feel totally comfortable and happy with it (after all I spent almost 4 years with my old face!) but I'm glad I had the courage to finally do some changes after such a long time.

Indeed, these aren't major changes but I believe updating your shape should be like a good surgery : it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...