Glitter For Grown Ups

From a distance, this nail polish is bluffin' with it's muffin. Here, it's completely unassuming.

This is Bad Romance by Deborah Lippmann. Isn't it gorgeous?!
Inspired by (unsurprisingly!) by Lady Gaga, this is a black nail lacquer infused with fuschia/purple glitter. Unfortunately, I just couldn't quite capture it right actually painted on my nails and no matter which angle I tried, my camera wouldn't play ball, so I don't have any swatches for you, but the pay-off is pretty much like it looks here.


Although you can paint it over a naked nail and after 2 or 3 coats you will build up a solid black base, using more than 1 coat starts to 'blur' the glitter. So for application, I'd recommend doing your nails first with either a bright purple or black nail polish, then paint 1 coat of this over the top. Finish with a high shine top coat to keep the finish smooth & glossy.

This nail polish is available in other shades; I still have my eye on Ruby Red Slippers! Available exclusively from the House of Fraser Apothecary from £16.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...