Blink+Go Lashes and Pure Spa

If you read regularly, you've probably noticed that I rarely feature negative stories. If I don't like something, I 't write about it. But I was so unhappy last week, I felt I had no choice but I'm not quite sure if I'm unhappy with the lashes, the service or both. Let me explain...

My hen weekend was 11th-14th June and on the Saturday morning I was also going to have my bridal make up trial with the lovely Make Up by Katy. As I knew eyelash extensions were likely to be going down on my spreadsheet as a 'miscellaneous wedding essential', I figured I would have a trial run in time for my makeup trial, also meaning I could enjoy not having to worry about mascara all weekend and having fabulous, long lovely lashes whilst I was living it up in London.
Pure Spa opened a salon in Aberdeen a couple of months ago and as the city is hardly awash with masses of quality salons, I decided to give it a go. Checking out their website, I phoned and made a 90 minute appointment for their 8 week lashes, costing £80. So on the Wednesday, I trotted down at 4pm, giddy with excitement over how these lashes were going to transform me!
As I was taken in, the therapist actually advised that I take the 'Blink+Go' 2 week lashes in case I didn't like them. They are apparently a new style of semi-permanent lash and they had an offer meaning I could try them for £30. Considering I had my credit card at the ready to hand over £80 and hadn't asked about other options, I thought this was a bit odd, but happy to save £50 I agreed.
25 minutes later they were done. Unfortunately I can't show you any pictures of how fabulous they looked because by 4 hours later, almost all of the ones on my left eye had fallen off. By 6am the next morning, my left eye was completely devoid of any enhancement. Bah. I am really annoyed by this point as I had taken Thursday off work to get ready for London on the Friday and didn't really have time to go back to the salon. But I gave them a call and they asked for me to go back in and get the left eye sorted. Once again, I set off for the salon, but this time the therapist didn't even turn up! They had someone else eventually take me through, 25 minutes later who had clearly just been for a cigarette. For as nice as she was, I was gagging at the smell coming off her fingers as they fluttered precariously above my delicate eyes. Urgh.
2pm on Thursday, all lashes reinstated at no cost to myself. By 5pm, the left eye was once again bald. Deciding not to let it piss me off too much before the big weekend, I dug out my own Eyelure 4 week individual lashes and did the left eye myself. Et Voila. By the Sunday morning, the Eyelure lashes were still stuck fast and all my 'salon' ones on the right eye had made their inevitable bid for freedom.
I am so so disappointed with both the quality of the product and the service I received. I can't say I'd be willing to pay for Blink+Go elsewhere and risk the same thing happening and I certainly wont be returning to Pure Spa for a fag smoke facial.
I shall be getting extensions done for the wedding, but will elsewhere in the city for them. What a disaster!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...