Colour cards and paint pots

When we first decorated out apartment I used Farrow and Ball paint in every room. I love the natural colours and delicate chalky finish of their paints. We were quite bold with choices of dark greys to mimic our English skies. A while ago I repainted the two biggest rooms white, Now reading this lovely book-Farrow & Ball Living with Colour by Ros Byam Shaw- I am seriously wondering where I can add some striking colours again. My top six colours for adding a drama are Blazer, India Yellow, and Minster Green, Drawing room blue, Pelt, and Babouche. And if you want to paper a wall or two, these four wallpapers are definite keepers Wisteria, Orangrie, Peony, and St Antoine.
"Paint is the least expensive way to transform a room. And, unlike knocking down a wall or tiling a floor, it is not difficult to rectify if you have a made a mistake. Colour should be fun; at its best it is joyful." Ros Byam Shaw, Farrow & Ball Living With Colour.

Book is available from Ryland Peters & Small.

Happy colouring.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...