Bakewell on the beach

Three almost perfect days. Saturday I went to view the house in the top photo. Met a friend for coffee and a delicious slice of lemon and poppy seed cake. Made collages big and small.

Sunday I got up early and cooked a bakewell tart for taking to a beach picnic with friends. The beautiful Ellen (bottom picture), Edith and Darren. The weather looked threatening but under the shelter of the wooden breakwaters we had a feast of bread, pate, cheese, cake and ginger beer.

Sunday evening I drank a little too much (happening all too often this year) and am now glad we have only one more party to attend this Summer.

Monday I mentally planned the snuggle down for Autumn. I look forward to carving pumpkins, drinking warm spiced tea, baking apple pie and wrapping up in cosy blankets.


how was your weekend?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...